Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wedding Party...

We are friends with a couple getting married in April. Jon has been friends with the groom for quite a while and we hung out with them about a year ago almost exclusively. The girl has been married before, but was only with him for a little while, but never got divorced. Her & her fiance have a daughter together who is almost 3. She FINALLY last Friday got her divorce finalized. She enrolled in nursing school last semester and decided that because of that they would move back in with their in-laws. I hate that they act like it has nothing to do with the fact that they can't save money...but the fact is she is still working just as much as she was, therefore that is not a good excuse. Either way a while ago we stopped hanging out with them so much because of all of the drama on their end. Well when she told me that they were getting married she asked me to be a bridesmaid and her fiance asked Jon to be the best man. I can kind of understand Jon being the best man because Jon really likes the fiance and the fiance doesn't have too many friends. Jon was honored. I, on the other hand, want nothing to do with this whole thing. I am doing it solely because Jon is the best man and really does like the fiance. She wanted me to buy the dress in October, and I'm sorry, but a lot of things change in 6 months...the size of me for one! So I have been able to put off buying the dress. I was hoping that I would turn up pregnant and get out of the wedding party that way, but no such luck! So now I really have to do it! And to top things off, I am WHITE...like pale ghostly white. And the dress is GUAVA! AND I have RED hair! And I weigh 170 and it is strapless! It is going to be the biggest clash in HISTORY and all the pictures will be awful. I know, I am probably overexaggerating but still... can you imagine this:

On pale, red-headed, size 12 me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment