Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Us, continued

That December I graduated early and decided to go to The University of South Carolina. I was a great student in high school but I didn't do nearly as good as I wanted to therem. You see, USC is an hour and half away from home which meant I was an hour and half away from him. I was driving home all the time and my dad got rid of my room so I stayed with him. I consider this to be when we moved in together. After one semester I decided to move home, with him. We got our own apartment rather than one with roommates and we were happy. I tried going to school in Charleston but I was not motivated. I wanted to make money! Fast forward a few months to February of 2006 and he proposed! We decided to marry on October 14th because 14 is our special number, his birthday, my birthday and when we started dating! He had one stipulation though, I had to go back to school, he knew that I shouldn't have dropped out and blamed himself. We married that October and I started back school, part time that January. We bought our house in May 2007 when I was 19 and he 22. We thought the prices had dropped as low as they would go...little did we know! He took on a second job to help with bills. I was also working full time. I can remember weeks when all we ate was hot dogs, macaroni and green beans! At least it was balanced! Oh and by this time we had expanded our family...we now have a dog and two cats! We did the full time job, part time school/job thing for a while until May 2010 when I graduated and he quit the second job. From then until now we have just been enjoying our time together and doing all those things you miss out on when you are as busy as we are...like eating dinner together every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment