Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 9 - A Photo I Took


This is from Night of 1,000 Candles at Brookgreen Gardens in Myrtle Beach, SC. I volunteer for an organization called Scultpure in the South. Their mission is "to promote sculpture through education and through the creation of a permanent sculpture collection that enhances Summerville, South Carolina's public spaces." My mother, husband, and I get together each year for their annual show & sale and prepare and serve all the food for the volunteers, artists and guests. We really enjoy this time each year. We go to several meetings throughout the year and have come to know the organizers and volunteers quite well.

Each year they get together for a trip to Myrtle Beach (about 1 1/2 hour drive) and rent a charter bus and go as a group. This year my mother and I joined them. It was a blast! The ride up there we all got to chat. When we arrived they had a buffet dinner waiting (shrimp & grits...mmm...) and then we had about two hours to walk around. This place is amazing. I have been there about five times and I doubt that I have seen everything! If you plan to come down south make sure you make a trip out there, especially if it is during the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment